Monday, June 21, 2010

Woman of Faith

Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. And, Behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil". But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, "Send her away; for she crieth after us". But he answered and said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel". Then came she and worshipped him, saying, "Lord, help me". But he answered and said, "It is not mete to take the children's bread, and cast it to dogs". And she said, "Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table". Then Jesus answered and said unto her, "O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt". And her daughter was made whole from that very hour. (Mathew 15:21-28)



As I was reading this morning I thought of what this translates to in my life. "O Lord, have mercy on me, an imperfect wife. My husband is ___________".  And then the Lord seems ignore me or not be willing to answer my prayers for him fast enough. And then people critisizes him saying "__________".  I still worship Jesus and pray, "Please help us". He seems to say by silence, "It is not mete for me to bless your home with godliness because your 'head' is not walking in obedience to my words". I say, "yet the dogs (unequally yoked wives) eat the crumbs (read of the blessings) that fall from the godly  family's table. Jesus is saying to me: "O woman, have faith in me for your husband and your household and it will be made whole"... Amen

I apologize for my failure to articulate well. I pray my readers will understand the spirit of what I am saying.

May the only wise God grant you His wisdom for every part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment