Monday, June 28, 2010

Nails Did, Shirts Got, Rolls, Journal, and Little Bit…

First things first…the winner of the shrinky dinky potato chip keychain is Rebecca (4smartmonkeys on swap-bot) Congratulations! I already owe you a couple of things in the mail so this will come along with them!
*
While at Chemo on Friday I was doing one of my journal entries and the ‘art therapist’ saw me…she said they had art kits for cancer patients and that she would bring me one…so I got this great tote filled with a really nice pad of watercolor paper, a set of paints, two really nice brushes, a set of really nice water colored pencils, masking tape, a waterproof pen, and an introduction book for easy watercolor projects like making bookmarks…I’ve never watercolor painted before so I am excited to try it out and see what I come up with…
*
This group called Creating Hope meets the first and second Tuesdays of the month to do art therapy…
P6250236 
For over four months now I have been trying to grow my nails out…I used to be very diligent about getting acrylic nails every two to three weeks because I just LOVE how the fake nails with the beautiful French manicure made me feel…Girly beautiful…
*
Those fake nails came off for two reasons… first, for the sake of saving some money and second, because it is not advised to have fake nails while receiving chemo…it can take months for damaged ‘real’ nails to grow back in healthy and strong…this process took me about four months and I have been super excited about getting a manicure to celebrate…so after getting that first full paycheck in months, I celebrated with a manicure and pedicure…aren’t they lovely? (well, it is really hard to get a good picture of your feet!)
P6260251 P6260253
I am an AVID flip-flopper wearing fool and keeping my feet presentable is always a challenge in the summer…but I will not be defeated easily…I will moisturize, Pedegg off skin, and clean everyday so I can enjoy the freedom that flip-flops bring…
*
My favorite part of getting my nails done that day?
*
Discovering and taking a picture of the smoking Buddha…
P6250230
ENJOY!
P6250231
Saturday I was feeling pretty good so mom and I took a quick trip to Evansville to check out the deals at Lane Bryant and to see if I could put the coupons I had to good use…Mom and Christopher paid for half of what I got as my birthday present and I paid for the other half…I was able to get four comfy tee-shirts, two summer crop shirts and two new tanks…
*
Here are the two crop shirts, they were both on clearance making them amazing deals…I could not believe the stripped one was originally 50 dollars…INSANE!
  P6260243
These are the tee-shirts, (they were buy one get one for 10 dollars so a pretty good deal coupled with coupons) they have a nice v-neck, but not enough to show cleavage (which can be a challenge at times) they are SUPER comfortable and man did I need just some plain colored shirts…I’m excited because I can pair them with the nice jewelry I have from when I used to sell Lia Sophia Jewelry…
P6260244
I took all my unloved skirts out from their under the bed box and paired them up with my new shirts…I am excited to wear skirts more through the summer…
 P6280011
Here is how the shirts look on me…I wore this to church with a large pink necklace and it looked nice…there are a couple of green flowers on the skirt that make it match nicely…
*
and lastly here are the clearance tanks I found…I love them because of the texture, they are very flattering…they are black and kind of silvery (looks white in the picture)…
P6260240 
On our way out of the mall we stopped at the Yankee Candle Store to peruse their clearance…and got this beautiful bird tea light holder for 3 bucks (70% off)…
P6260247
and I could NOT pass up this gnome tea light holder for 1 dollar (over 90% off) I know it is kind of cheesy but I just love them and they will add a bit of whimsy where ever they decides to live…
P6260248
On the way home, my stomach was feeling rather good so I suggested we stop at the Roadhouse and share a meal and partake in their AMAZING rolls…
texas
Mom and I shared a double pork chop meal that came with two sides and it was really great, she had some fries with hers and I had a baked potato along with like 8 rolls…The waiter we had took great care of us…for dessert we had a chocolate covered brownie (with vanilla ice-cream on top) and it was AMAZING, I recommend getting one next time you stop in…
*
When we were leaving we had one sad roll left and I asked for a small box to take it home with us…our waiter took the subtle hint and asked if I would like another order to take home with us and I said
*
Yes, Please!
*
so we were able to enjoy rolls with our Sunday dinner as well…
*
It was a great pre-birthday dinner, since i will be working on Thursday…and I have no shame in LOVING my birthday!!!!
*
Journal Challenge Time!
*
Day13: Write about those Silly Insecurities we all have…include the word BUT…in your picture
P6260239
Day 14: Focus on all your good qualities…using my BUT from the last page I said…BUT…here is why I ROCK SOCKS :)
P6270254
Day 15: Make a list of things to accomplish in July…I wrote…Have a great 29th Birthday, wear more skirts and make-up, more laughter, eat healthier, live with artistic imperfections, talk to friends more, follow Jesus, and finish my 5th chemo…
P6270009
Lastly, I wanted to include this fun picture of my Little Bit, she is saying “Please stop trying to take my picture and let me outside!” Don’t you just LOVE her ears? The best is when one is up and one is down :)
P6280010
Today (Monday) I have slept pretty much all day…I’m tired and a tiny bit shaky, but am thankful I am not feeling any worse…
*
Have a great week blog friends…I am going to try to post more regularly so I don’t have such crazy long posts…I’m off to enjoy some Monday night T.V. and maybe do a little art making!
Screenshot - 5_22_2010 , 8_10_13 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment