Sunday, May 2, 2010

Drunk Guy, Hat Choices & Independence

Friday night, I couldn’t sleep…which was a good thing because around 2:30 a.m. right after it started raining, I heard someone trying to come into the house…Thinking it was my brother, Christopher, I got up to unlock the door…as I was opening it, I thought…
*
THIS ISN’T CHRISTOPHER…
*
It was a guy about my age who was totally out of it (he said his name and it was his last name I’m pretty sure it was someone I graduated high school with)…he wasn’t mean he just wanted to come in, and seemed really confused…As I was trying to get the dog back in the house, I told him in about five different ways that he didn’t live here…once Little Bit was safely inside I shut and locked the door…Then called the police…about 5 min later the police were at my door and said that they found him sitting on our neighbors couch,watching T.V….How crazy is that?
*
The next day the neighbor’s said that the wife just happened to wake up right after he got there and found him sitting in their living room, (their back door had been unlocked) she woke up her husband and he saw the police outside with a spotlight…so it all worked out…but really weird!
*
After A LOT, A LOT, A LOT of going back and forth I THINK I finally chose the hats I’m going to get…On E-Bay I was able to find some really inexpensive hats that look the same as the ones from the American  Cancer Society…I can get 6 hats for the price of 2…I chose neutral colors to start with, because I can always add a thin scarf around them to add color…I have an E-mail into the E-Bay seller because I want to be SURE of the sizes they gave but I am 90% sure I will order these after they get back to me…
!BipMqngBmk~$(KGrHqUOKi0EsniZmg3)BLQIWuPbNw~~_35 !BbCSWww!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-D4EquQtzigZBKuG7iGJOQ~~_35 !BcQ5NCQ!2k~$(KGrHqMH-EMEquj!V8QNBKzsu),Tlg~~_35 Also I have ordered this scarf liner from the American Cancer Society website…
3020
This is to give volume and to help scarves stay on your head…it also has a pocket for fake bangs you can buy, but I don’t think I am going to go there just yet…at least I am not comfortable buying something like that on-line…
*
Remember my PICC-Line?
P4200293
Well…I have been able to figure out how to give myself the injections of Saline and Heparin so…NO MORE being woken up at 5:30 so mom can do it before she goes to work…WOO! HOO! Independence baby!
*
Now, all I have to do is figure out how to wrap it on my own so that I can take a shower whenever I want to…but I don’t see that happening, I am too paranoid of getting it wet…better to be dry and stinky than wet and sorry…
*
Lastly, I found these amazing shirts on-line when I was checking out hats…
254061085v9_480x480_Front_Color-White
Don’t you LOVE them?
303780938v5_480x480_Front_Color-White
They have a lot of different ones for different types of cancer and I found some that say…I wear this shirt for my Daughter/Granddaughter/Son/Wife/Husband ect…for the specific cancers…
mom
I am not sure the proceeds from this website go to cancer charities so I am not sure I would order from them, until I knew…but it is tempting…I could wear it on my chemo days…
*
I go to work this week starting tomorrow night and am nervous about it…I don’t know why, I feel fine…it will be the most amount of time I’ve spent alone in the last three weeks…I am very thankful to have this full week of work this week though, I’m not sure how my work schedule is going to fall within chemo treatments/recovery so I need to talk that out with my boss this week as well…
*
please continue to pray about the insurance situation, I have no idea when we will find something out…hopefully soon
*
Man, my posts seem to be so long, I never think I have anything to write about and then BAM I’ve rambled on and on and on…maybe I need to write everyday…
*
Until Later!
Slide1




No comments:

Post a Comment