Friday, May 29, 2009

Thirty Yardsales

Today, my mom and I went to 30 yard sales. We went to every single one (plus some not advertised) of them in the town we live and the adjacent city. I got some great deals. Beautiful dresses for some of my friends little girls, presents for the future, some home decor, a dog sweater, a GREAT deal $4.00 ( I talked her down from $8.00 ) for black curtains for the kitchen (I'm so glad we didn't go ahead and buy them new, we found them at the LAST yard sale) and 1.00 for 6 rolls of drawer liners that we almost bought at walmart earlier in the day for 5.00 a roll, ect...
I would like to share with you my weirdest purchase and favorite purchase.

~
First...
The weird.


Yes this is a coffin pinata. It was .50 cents. I got it because in a little over a week we are having vacation bible school. The theme is Museum @ 12627 The Mystery of God's Great Plan. The kids are broken up into three groups and Amanda and I need to make a special container for each group (the kids bring in coins to donate to world missions). For one group we are going to make a sarcophagus ( I definitely HAD to look-up how to spell that word). I wasn't not sure how that was going to happen, then I found this wonderful coffin pinata that I THINK ( I stress the word THINK) I can make/transform it into a sarcophagus that a mummy would be found. Wish me luck.

~
Next...

My Favorite.


This purse was $5.00. It feels really nice, like maybe its real leather. It just FEELS expensive and unwalmart like. Right this second I am in love with it.

~
Now for something just plain interesting.
A couple of days ago we went to our local thrift store. My brother wants to get a new mattress and this thrift store they sell new mattresses and a lot of times they sell the beds with them.
Let me introduce you to the 'Samurai Bed'




I hope you enjoyed.
It cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment