Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Christmas Cards

I need help...I am trying to figure out how to personalize the pre-made Christmas cards I bought on clearance last year. The set is complete with cards, foil lined envelopes, address labels, seals, and paper to write a letter.
scan0011
scan0007
scan0008 scan0010
*
Here are some examples of things I've done in the past.
*
#1. First Christmas out of college, I ripped and glued and coated these inserts that I then put in the inside of the cards. It took a while but I was really please with them
scan0016
#2. This was just two squares, one a tiny bit bigger than the other with a brad in the corner to make it easy to rotate to get your present inside…verse Isaiah 9:6
scan0012
#3. Year three the card was from wal-mart clearene the year before, then the insert with my favorite Christmas verse (the Message version).
scan0015
scan0014
#4. Handmade from start to finish, ribbons, stamps, embellishments, and a lot of sweat. My favorite part was cutting an inch from the front of the card and putting the red trim on the inside of the card so it showed when you had the card closed and opened. There were several versions of the front, two are shown here.
scan0019
scan0020
scan0021
#5. Last year’s card would scan right but I didn’t do much but stamp a snowflake and add an embellishment…I wasn’t really in the right place to be making an interesting card because I was figuring out whether to move or not.
*
This year I am ready to put myself in my cards again.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
I will be sure to post the final product.
It will be good *smile*
Slide1

No comments:

Post a Comment