Sunday, August 1, 2010

Phenomenal Party

Screenshot - 7_6_2010 , 11_09_10 PM

Yesterday was the ‘PHENOMENAL’ party…and it was a success…family from both sides came came along with friends from life and church…

*

Here are some pictures from the afternoon…I did not take as many as I would have liked…I didn’t get any of the jewelry or of just the guests talking…I guess I was too busy having fun…

*

This is Mary, she is an amazing lady from church and she completely made my day by wearing an old wig she has… doesn’t she look amazing?!

P7310272

My cousins…Rachael, Chloe, and Tina

P7310276

My Aunt Linda and cousin Noah

P7310275

Sarah…she was a good sport and wore a hat from my collection, I passed out some of my hats to the guests…isn’t this an amazing picture of her?

P7310269 

Here is Norma and Amanda rockin’ their scarves…

P7310270

My aunt Salome gave me this great frame she made for me…it is the definition of phenomenal…it was just right for the party…she didn’t even know that it was the theme…what fate! I had Lauren read it at the end…it was the perfect end to the presentation…

P7310294

On the way to work the night before the party I decided to make matchboxes as favors to the guests…

*

considering I had less than 24 hours to make them I think they came out really well…

*

I didn’t have time to buy something to put in them so I went through my stash and found just enough bird themed items…then I made little sheets with Matthew 6:26…

*

Lauren who sells the jewelry had little lime green ribbons (for Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma) to use as tickets for a game…she had enough that we could place one in each of the matchboxes and they fit perfectly!

  P7310282

They were a hit!

*

As was the jewelry…I earned enough to get 445 dollars in free jewelry (well, I have to pay tax and shipping)…it took me a few hours at work to figure out exactly what I wanted…it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to decide, but in the end…I am getting

1 ring

5 necklaces

5 bracelets and

1 beautiful pin

I can’t wait to show you when they come in! I sure hope I love them…

*

I tried to get a good assortment of colors and finishes…but it is hard to judge sizes and such from a catalog…and there are way too many things for the person selling them to have one of each…

*

I am so glad to have been able to celebrate with people who love me and are happy for my success in treatment…

*

it has been a LONG and HARD year emotionally and physically and there has not been a lot to throw a party about or celebrate…so yesterday was nice…

Screenshot - 5_22_2010 , 8_10_13 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment