Saturday, April 10, 2010

Last Weeks Yardsale Goodies

On Good Friday mom and I went to our first yardsales of the season and I thought I would share the goodies we found.
*
This is my favorite…a 50’s console type table/cabinet…for $5.00 I wanted it the second we pulled up but told myself it was going to be more than I wanted to spend. When I saw that it was $5.00 my heart started beating faster and I claimed it as my own…doesn’t it look great!
P4020255P4020258
because of this 50’s treasure I was able to get rid of 5 plastic drawers and two plastic bin things from my craft area and consolidate it in the new cabinet
*
So here is the craft area before the cabinet…
P1090332
and after the cabinet…SO MUCH BETTER…no more plastic…wooty! hoo!
P4060264
I am in love with the spinning spice rack I found at the thrift store for $1.99 it is perfect for organizing the little bits and bobs
*
And this fun cracker jar was only $.75 and is really big…another great addition to my desk
P4020268 P4020259
I found this fun PINK lacquer old looking scale for $6.00 I probably shouldn’t have gotten it but seriously it is AMAZING!
P4020260
These are the holders from a game of scrabble I have put on the wall to hold the matchboxes I trade and make…they work perfectly for what I needed and I’ve found two old games of scrabble for $2.00 at thrift stores recently so I can use the tiles in my crafting and the holders for this!
P3190207
These bird plates are amazing I got four of them (four different birds) and it is like they were meant for our house…
P4020274P4020273
I found two of these super cute owl tote bags for $.50 each they are adorable!
P4020279
we got some other miscellaneous things… I got some pretty nice birthday presents for a couple of people for just over a dollar each and those are safely in the gift bin…
*
Lastly, I got this mirror art for Christmas from my Aunt and hadn’t taken time to put it on until recently…It was kind of hard because I took the wrong side of the paper off so I had to place each letter and swirl on separately…so it was a little touch and go for a while whether or not it would turn out…but in the end a steady and and some patience birthed success!
P3180208
It is on a mirror that I love. I got it at a yardsale for $3.00 a couple of years ago and fell in love with the color and shape…it is really heavy and was the first thing I’d ever hung up with anchors…the two places I’ve lived with it, it has never fallen…and I’m kinda proud of that :)
P3180209
hope you enjoyed this little picture journey!
Slide1

No comments:

Post a Comment