Sunday, April 19, 2009

Declaration of War

Last week I wrote a post about my adventures in lawn mowing. I felt pretty satisfied after that experience. The yard looked great. The yard looked great for two days. Yesterday (Saturday) I got up early because I couldn't sleep. Outside I saw how tall these weeds had gotten in the few days since I'd mowed. I was irritated, perplexed, but too tired to really care. I went ahead with my day and gave the dog a bath. It took a long time to get her to stop being mad at me for giving her a bath. Once she was once again happy she and I took a three hour nap on the couch. It was great! My couch is AWESOME, it is wider and longer than most, plush might be the correct descriptor.
~
I digress.
~
Back to the weeds.
~
So, I wake up from my nap and go to the desk to check my e-mail. When I look out the window I see a bunch of yellow dandelions sprinkled all over the yard. Those were NOT there three hours ago. I mean they are so tall, how do they grow so fast? Am I the only one that didn't know it worked this way?
~
When mom got home I asked her if she had seen the lawn and she said yes. I made very clear, declared almost that I would not touch a lawn mower again if something wasn't done. If something wasn't done about these unwanted guests taking up residence and multiplying all over my lawn.
~
So today mom comes home and said that she bought some ortho weed killer something or another. I am SO excited to see if this stuff works. Seriously, why mow the lawn if it is going to look the same crappiness in two days?
~
So, fingers-crossed y'all there will be need for celebration when the weeds DIE...I think I will be so happy I might just write a song about it. Stay tuned for that cause I know you won't want to miss it :)

MEET THE CULPERATE WHO IS NOW BEEN SENTENCED TO DEATH ROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment